You may choose to have refunds processed and mailed by paper check. Paper checks will be made payable to the registered student.
- Why choose a Paper Check for a refund or for payments from your school?
Your school may have provided you with other choices, but you may simply prefer to have a paper check mailed to you in 7-10 business days.
- What kind of school refunds can be mailed via Paper Check?
Examples can include:
- Financial Aid awards
- Scholarship awards
- Dropped or cancelled courses
- Credit balances after application of waivers or exemptions
Federal law requires that tuition-related refunds be sent to the registered student.
- How long does it take for a paper check to be processed and mailed?
The processing and mailing of paper checks for refunds or payments will vary by school, however you should expect to receive funds approximately 10 days after they are released by your school.*
Once you receive the paper check, simply sign, cash, or deposit it.**
*Time may vary based on your school's processing schedule, as well as other factors such as the mailing destination, inclement weather impacting delivery, and other delays unrelated to your school's process.
**If the check is cashed at a bank other than one you have an account with, a processing fee may be charged.